Boundary Waters Canoe Expedition - SOLD OUT!
The Boundary waters in northern Minnesota is the largest wilderness area east of the Rocky Mountains and north of the Florida Everglades. The more than 1 million acres contains over 1200 miles of canoe routes and over 2000 individual campsites. Challenge yourself physically and unplug yourself mentally as you spend 6 days paddling this pristine wilderness with 2 guides who combined have completed more than 20 trips in this natural wonderland. Price includes transportation from Manitowoc, all food in the wilderness, and all necessary equipment. Personal gear excluded.
- Travel Dates: Saturday, June 3 through Thursday, June 8, 2017
- Fee: $650
- Group leader: Bruce Peters (retired UW-Manitowoc). Bruce has led various outdoor trips over the past 4 years as co-advisor to the UW-Manitowoc Extreme Outdoors Club.
- To Register: Click here to register online, or call 920-683-4702 for more information.
New York City Theatre Tour - 2018
Please contact Suzanne Lawrence if you would like to be on the waiting list.
New Travel Dates Just Added!
May 30 - June 3, 2018 -or- June 6 - June 10, 2018
In five adventure-filled days, you and a group of like-minded travelers will experience three outstanding Broadway performances. You’ll spend four nights in a conveniently located hotel on Times Square. You’ll see many of the city’s most popular attractions guided by our trip leaders or you can explore the city on your own! Be a part of this year’s exciting adventure in one of America’s most vibrant and diverse cities.
The price for the trip includes the following items:
- Coach and air transportation to Milwaukee and New York
- Three plays
- Four nights at the Marriott Marquis Hotel conveniently located on Times Square
- Group tours of some of New York’s many “must see” attractions with Jane Marx
- Optional excursions with your trip leaders (at an additional cost)
- Plenty of free time to explore
- Departure dates: (Group 1) Wednesday, May 30 - Sunday, June 3, 2018 -or- (Group 2) Wednesday, June 6 - Sunday, June 10, 2018
(Departs UW-Manitowoc campus to Mitchell International Airport. Note: Fox Valley residents will depart from UW-Fox Valley.)
- Fee: To be announced for 2018. The 2017 price is $2,199 (based on double occupancy). This is subject to change based on airfare and other increases to hotel, etc. for 2018.
- Add $650 for single occupancy.
- Group leaders:
- Group 1) Susan Rabideau, UW-Fox Valley Professor of Theatre and Communications Arts/Theatre Director; and Bil Stachour (New York City navigator);
- Group 2) Suzanne Lawrence, Regional Director of Continuing Education
- Register: Please contact Suzanne Lawrence for registration information.