Get a dose of what the nursing profession has to offer through UW-Manitowoc’s Nursing Boot Camp. This one-week pre-college summer program is designed to educate and inform high school students (as well as graduated seniors) of the opportunities available through a nursing career. This innovative and educational camp will expose young men and women to the chemistry, academics, and mechanics of the nursing profession. Registration and payment is due by Friday, June 15!
Date of Camp
June 22 - 26, 2015 (Monday through Friday / mornings from 8 am - 12:30 pm)
Location: University of Wisconsin-Manitowoc AND River's Bend Health and Rehabilitation Center
CPR/AED for the Health Care Professional Certification
- Academic choices! ADN, LPN, BSN, CNA
- What is the college lab experience like?
- Communication Skills for Nurses (bedside manner, active listening, and more!)
- Personality Types Most Suited for Health Care Professionals
- General Health Assessments (measure blood pressure, pulse, respirations, wound care, and more!)
Registration & Payment
The cost for the week long boot camp is $179 and includes the fee for the CPR/AED for the Health Care Professional Certification and training. However, scholarships are available to help reduce the cost of this program!
Contact Suzanne Lawrence, Director of Continuing Education to find out how you can apply for this camp!
920-683-4702 or firstname.lastname@example.org