Hamilton the Musical …. is back!
Two dates: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 -- (SOLD OUT)
Wednesday, February 28, 2018
- Time: Matinee (1:30 pm)
- Where: Chicago
- Price: $235
- Price includes: Bus to Chicago, lunch, and show!
- Departing from: UW-Manitowoc campus
Call (920) 683-4702 or (920) 929-1155 to register. Due to the demand of this trip, we are not holding tickets. Payment is due at time of registration. Tickets are going fast, so don't delay!
New York City Theatre Tour - 2018
Please contact Suzanne Lawrence if you would like to be on the waiting list.
New Travel Dates Just Added!
May 30 - June 3, 2018 -or- June 6 - June 10, 2018
In five adventure-filled days, you and a group of like-minded travelers will experience three outstanding Broadway performances. You’ll spend four nights in a conveniently located hotel on Times Square. You’ll see many of the city’s most popular attractions guided by our trip leaders or you can explore the city on your own! Be a part of this year’s exciting adventure in one of America’s most vibrant and diverse cities.
The price for the trip includes the following items:
- Coach and air transportation to Milwaukee and New York
- Three plays
- Four nights at the Marriott Marquis Hotel conveniently located on Times Square
- Group tours of some of New York’s many “must see” attractions with Jane Marx
- Optional excursions with your trip leaders (at an additional cost)
- Plenty of free time to explore
- Departure dates: (Group 1) Wednesday, May 30 - Sunday, June 3, 2018 -or- (Group 2) Wednesday, June 6 - Sunday, June 10, 2018
(Departs UW-Manitowoc campus to Mitchell International Airport. Note: Fox Valley residents will depart from UW-Fox Valley.)
- Fee: To be announced for 2018. The 2017 price is $2,199 (based on double occupancy). This is subject to change based on airfare and other increases to hotel, etc. for 2018.
- Add $650 for single occupancy.
- Group leaders:
- Group 1) Susan Rabideau, UW-Fox Valley Professor of Theatre and Communications Arts/Theatre Director; and Bil Stachour (New York City navigator);
- Group 2) Suzanne Lawrence, Regional Director of Continuing Education
- Register: Please contact Suzanne Lawrence for registration information.
New York Theater Tour 2019 Dates Coming Soon
Progressive Ethnic Meal Tour -- SOLD OUT!
Explore Milwaukee's German, Irish, Polish and Italian History! Join us for a Progressive Ethnic Meal through Milwaukee's Old World 3rd Street, Historic Third Ward, Milwaukee's Lakefront, and Brady Street.
Location: Departing UW-Manitowoc Campus at 8am
Date: Thursday, October 19, 2017
Fee: $109 (includes bus transportation, guided ethnic meal tour and food)
Group Leader: Suzanne Lawrence, Regional Director of Continuing Education, UW-Colleges
For additional information and to Register: click here
Chicago for a Day! -- SOLD OUT!
(Departing from UW-Fond du Lac Campus)
Spend the day in Chicago enjoying your favorite museum, The Magnificent Mile, or downtown Chicago. The route will include The Chicago Art Institute, The Field Museum, Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium, and Astronomy Museum.
- Date: Saturday, November 4, 2017
- Time: We will depart from UW-FDL North parking lot at 7:15a, returning around 10:30p.
- Cost: $59 (museums admissions and meals are not included)
- To register click here: Chicago for a Day! registration
(Departing from UW-Fond du Lac Campus)
Join us as we celebrate the holiday season with theater-in-the-round at the Fireside Theater in Fort Atkinson. Take a little time to browse or shop in the bakery/candy store and four unique, themed shops before enjoying lunch and the show, Miracle on 34th Street.
Based on the beloved Christmas movie, MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET is a big brassy Broadway musical with a heart. Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade needs a new Santa. Enter Kris Kringle - a sweet and jolly old man who claims that he is the real Santa Claus. Thus begins this funny, warm, tuneful, and inspirational musical as Kris has to prove his claim in court and teach his cynical neighbor and her daughter to believe in the goodness and love that is Christmas. Written by Meredith Willson, the creator of THE MUSIC MAN, this is an unforgettable musical version of a classic Christmas tale.Join us as we celebrate the holiday season with theater-in-the-round at the Fireside Theater in Fort Atkinson. Take a little time to browse or shop in the bakery/candy store and four unique, themed shops before enjoying lunch and the show, Miracle on 34th Street. Based on the beloved Christmas movie, MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET is a big brassy Broadway musical with a heart. Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade needs a new Santa. Enter Kris Kringle - a sweet and jolly old man who claims that he is the real Santa Claus. Thus begins this funny, warm, tuneful, and inspirational musical as Kris has to prove his claim in court and teach his cynical neighbor and her daughter to believe in the goodness and love that is Christmas. Written by Meredith Willson, the creator of THE MUSIC MAN, this is an unforgettable musical version of a classic Christmas tale.
- Date: Saturday, December 16th, 2017
- Time: We will leave the UW-Fond du Lac North Parking Lot at 8:30 am. Lunch will be served at 11:15 am, and the performance will start at 1:30 pm.
- Cost: $100 per person (includes lunch with choice of coffee, tea or milk, performance, bus transportation, and all gratuities.)
- To register click here: Miracle on 34th Street online registration
Boundary Waters Canoe Expedition --SOLD OUT!
The Boundary waters in northern Minnesota is the largest wilderness area east of the Rocky Mountains and north of the Florida Everglades. The more than 1 million acres contains over 1200 miles of canoe routes and over 2000 individual campsites. Challenge yourself physically and unplug yourself mentally as you spend 6 days paddling this pristine wilderness with 2 guides who combined have completed more than 20 trips in this natural wonderland. Price includes transportation from Manitowoc, all food in the wilderness, and all necessary equipment. Personal gear excluded.
- Travel Dates: Late Spring 2018
- Fee: $650
- Group leader: Bruce Peters (retired UW-Manitowoc). Bruce has led various outdoor trips over the past 5 years as co-advisor to the UW-Manitowoc Extreme Outdoors Club.
- To Register: Call 920-683-4702 for more information.
BIO 298 Special Topics in Biology: Florida Keys!
Biology of the Florida Keys Marine Environment (3 credit hours NS/LS)
We are offering one trip in 2018: August 8-14, 2018 (open to current college students, and high school juniors and seniors, community members)
This is a snorkel-based course that will introduce students to the life that inhabits the marine ecosystems of the Florida Keys. Course includes online orientation and introduction, snorkeling, field trips, lab activities, fieldwork and discussions, as well as learning about Sea Turtle Biology.
For more information call the Continuing Education Office at (920) 683-4702