Get a dose of what the nursing profession has to offer through UW-Manitowoc’s Nursing Boot Camp. This one-week pre-college summer program is designed to educate and inform high school students (as well as graduated seniors) of the opportunities available through a nursing career. This innovative and educational camp will expose young men and women to the chemistry, academics, and mechanics of the nursing profession. Registration, documentation, and payment are due Friday, May 30.
Date of Camp
CPR/AED for the Health Care Professional Certification
- Why your high school choices/courses are important to your future?
- What is the college lab experience like?
- Required college coursework for nursing majors
- Financial aid
- Effective communication skills for nurses
- Break Out Sessions “A Day in the Life of a…”
Labor & Delivery Nurse
- General Health Assessments (measure blood pressure, pulse, respirations)
Registration & Payment
The cost for the week long boot camp is $179 and includes the fee for the CPR/AED for the Health Care Professional Certification and training.