- Discover if you are pursuing the right major for you
- Gain practical experience
- Looks great on a resume
- Learn what future courses will help you in your future career
- Help you gain confidence
- Potentially earn academic credits
- Make important contacts in the field you’re interested in
- Improve resume and interviewing skills
- It may lead to a job offer down the road
UW-Manitowoc Student IT Internship
UW-Manitowoc will be hiring and training one incoming freshman to work for two years in the Information Technology (IT) department. Here's your chance to gain valuable on-the-job training in the technology field as well as earn enough money to pay for your tuition and more! One full-time freshman will participate in this outstanding educational and job-training program. Students, who complete the first year of the program including summer training, academic year employment and following summer employment, will also receive a $1,000 stipend for the second year of participation in the program, to be paid $500 at the beginning of the Fall and Spring semesters.
A full listing of community partners and internships is also available in the Learning Center at UW-Manitowoc. The Learning Center assists students in resume writing and mock interviews in preparation for internships. Please contact the Solution Center at 920-683-4707, for more information.
At UW-Manitowoc, even unpaid internships can be paid through UW-Manitowoc Internship Scholarships. These scholarships require that students meet the following criteria:
- Maintain a 2.75 GPA or better
- Complete 24 credits before the internship begins
- Participate in a resume review and mock interview through The Learning Center in Founders 129
Once students complete their internships, they simply apply for scholarship money, paid at $10 per hour, using the Internship Scholarship Application.